Lauren Boeberts Sohn Tyler wegen schwerer Vorwürfe sexueller Ausbeutung von Kindern angeklagt
Wichtige Erkenntnisse
- •Tyler Boebert faces five felony counts, including three counts of sexual exploitation of a child and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- •Gerichtsunterlagen zufolge sollen sich alle fünf mutmaßlichen Taten am January 1, 2024, ereignet haben.
- •Er wurde gegen eine Kaution von $10,000 freigelassen und soll am 19. August vor dem Garfield County District Court erscheinen.
- •Boebert wurde bereits im July 2025 und erneut im February 2026 wegen Kindesmissbrauchs im Zusammenhang mit seinem Kleinkind-Sohn angeklagt.
- •Für September sind Anhörungen zur Strafzumessung am September 4 in Weld County und am September 10 in Garfield County angesetzt; die neuen Vorwürfe könnten seine aufgeschobene Strafe beeinflussen.

U.S. Representative Lauren Boebert (R-CO), who won election to Colorado's 4th Congressional District in 2024 after switching from the 3rd District, described the situation as a "challenging time" following charges against her son, Tyler Boebert, in connection with child sexual exploitation.
Tyler Boebert, 21, faces five felony counts — three counts of sexual exploitation of a child and two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor — according to court records. All five counts are alleged to have occurred on January 1, 2024.
He was released on a $10,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Garfield County District Court on August 19, the Denver Gazette reported.
"I love my son. We take these allegations very seriously and pray for everyone affected during this challenging time," Lauren Boebert told the Daily Mail.
Tyler Boebert had previously been charged with child abuse in July 2025 after his toddler son exited the congresswoman's home, Westword reported.
In February 2026, he was charged again with misdemeanor child abuse after his 2-year-old son allegedly wandered away from the congresswoman's Windsor, Colorado, home toward a nearby lake, the Daily Mail reported.
"A kind woman quickly and safely secured him, and authorities were called as a precaution," Lauren Boebert said at the time.
The second child abuse charge came while Tyler Boebert was already serving a two-year deferred sentence — a probationary arrangement allowing him to avoid a felony conviction — after pleading guilty in 2024 to identity theft stemming from a series of car break-ins, the Post Independent reported. A deferred sentence in Colorado requires the defendant to comply with probation conditions; successful completion results in dismissal of the charges, while a violation can trigger entry of a guilty conviction and sentencing.
Tyler Boebert now faces two separate sentencing hearings next month — September 4 in Weld County and September 10 in Garfield County — in addition to the new exploitation case, according to American Muckrakers. The new felony charges and the pending sentencing proceedings raise the prospect that the deferred sentence could be revoked, exposing him to the original felony penalties.
When Tyler Boebert pleaded guilty to identity theft in 2024, Garfield County District Judge John Neiley warned him that the plea deal was "an opportunity you should not squander," Newsweek reported.
Lauren Boebert is reportedly expected to testify on Tyler Boebert's behalf at both September sentencing hearings, according to American Muckrakers.